This solution is for users who are having trouble updating or installing Voom and get an error like the one below:
"Sorry, an error has occurred. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."
If you are having this problem, please follow the steps below:
- If the error message is still displayed, click the "Close" button before continuing and close out Voom (find Voom in your system tray, right click on the icon, and click Exit).
- Navigate to your virus protection software (i.e. McAfee).
- Temporarily disable any firewall and real-time scanning features.
- Re-open up Voom and attempt to install the update again.
- Once the update has successfully been downloaded, you may turn your virus/firewall protection software back on.
- If you still have problems, please contact support.