This solution is for users who are having trouble updating or installing Voom and get an error like the one attached below, with the text:
If you are having this problem, please follow the steps below.
"Sorry, an error has occurred.
The application could not be installed. Try installing it again. If the problem persists, contact the application author.
- If the error message is still displayed, click the "Close" button before continuing.
- Uninstall Voom from your computer. (Look for "Voom " in your program list)
- Uninstall Adobe Air from your computer.
- Run the following Fix It patch from Microsoft if you are using Windows. Microsoft has identified a problem with Windows that may cause some computers to incorrectly install Voom. Run this Fix It program before attempting to reinstall Voom.
- Access the Download page for Voom and follow the instructions.
- If you still have problems, please contact support.